Catholic primary schools and distance

We're looking to move house to be as close as possible to a school of our choice, a Catholic primary school. Their admission, besides faith, is based on siblings and distance.

My question is if you're between two faith schools, as we are now, but not that close to either, does one have to accept you, as a Catholic, as opposed to pushing you go a non religious school.

My suspicion is no, they will just say you need go go go a closer one, but keen to hear people's views and experiences here.

Cheers 

Comments

• thegreenone
    thegreenone Posts: 993 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I used to work in a Catholic Secondary School and apart from the usual LA form, parents had to complete a separate Admissions Form sent directly to the school of choice.

Attendance at church had to be signed off by the Priest and evidence of a Catholic baptism required.  Phone/email the school of your choice and talk to the Admissions Officer about EXACTLY what is needed for entry to their school.  Distance wasn't really an issue.

Also find out about the Catholic Secondary schools in the area and which are the feeder schools.  Your choice of Primary may not feed into your choice of Secondary which could get complicated.
  • ChilliBob
    ChilliBob Posts: 2,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks, I'll try the school and see how I get on. Being local myself in fairly sure on the primary to secondary route and paths, which is part of the motivation for certain primary schools too.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure