How long does it take for payment to be sent from Inside Soap win?

I was lucky enough to win a crossword competition from Inside Soap, receiving a WEM from Alice Penwill on 8th June.  I replied back with my bank details on the same day but I haven't heard anything further.  Its now 4 weeks since that email and I wondered whether this was a normal time frame for Inside Soap to make payment? 

I did sent a very polite email to Alice yesterday asking if she knew when payment may be made but I haven't had a response back yet.

Are any former winners able to let me know if I should be more patient? 
Best competition win of 2022: £1000 National Trust Holiday
Best competition win of 2023: Mary Berry Limited Edition Kenwood Mixer Stand
MFW 2022 #88: £6620/£6000
MFW 2023 #38: £13242.13/£6000
MFW 2024 #38: £2868.06/£9000

Thank you to all competition posters

Comments

• wrrrrmrrr
    wrrrrmrrr Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi. I had an email about my win on 11th May this year and received a transfer on 11th of June :) I am sure u will receive it in few days. Congrats! 
  • Cottersj
    Cottersj Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    When I won my email said within 6 weeks but I seem to recall it was quicker than that
  • huttle
    huttle Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Congratulations, I won in December and took about 4-5 weeks for payment into bank :)
  • perc
    perc Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes it was about 5 weeks for me :)

"Those who try to make sense of the world are divided into four categories: scientists, theologians, philosophers, and fools. Correction ... make that one category with three sub-divisions" -- Carlo Kensada
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I had an email saying I'd won £500 with Take a Break mag on 18th June and I'm still waiting for the cheque. They did tell me to allow up to 28 days. I guess there's always a little doubt until the thing arrives, but I'm fairly sure it's all fine. I'll leave it a bit longer than the 28 days, in case Covid is a factor and if it hasn't arrived then, I'll phone the winners number again to check.

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • becksta
    becksta Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thanks for all the comments.  I still haven't received anything but I'll wait for at least 6 weeks (20th July) and then start to chase it up in earnest  :)

• Blulu
    becksta, my cheque turned up today :smile: It took a while, but is worth waiting for. Hope yours turns up very soon too.

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • becksta
    becksta Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Blulu said:
    becksta, my cheque turned up today :smile: It took a while, but is worth waiting for. Hope yours turns up very soon too.

Blu XXX
    Glad your cheque arrived.  I did hear back from Alice @ Inside Soap on Tuesday to say that she will chase it up for me.  Fingers crossed it arrives soon.

• Bridger12
    Bridger12 Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Blu, congrats on your win. just in case I am ever lucky enough to win £500, is take a break Mag win mean for 6 months I would not be able to enter the big cash radio comps like cash register and make me a winner 
  • Blulu
    Bridger12 said:
    Blu, congrats on your win. just in case I am ever lucky enough to win £500, is take a break Mag win mean for 6 months I would not be able to enter the big cash radio comps like cash register and make me a winner 
    Thanks for that :smile: Yes, it does mean that. And Bauer Media are huge. It's defo the downside to winning £500+ Now I have to be careful not to enter for the biggies with most of the puzzle mags and also several radio comps too. Having said that. If I entered for one of them by mistake and did (gulp!) happen to win thousand of pounds with them, all I would need to do is to declare it to them or not claim it - and then go out and get seriously drunk!

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts