Martin: 'If you can't afford to clear your credit card, you can't afford NOT to read John's email'

MSE_Petar
MSE_Petar Posts: 332 MSE Staff
Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
Martin: "After an entertaining but exhausting few days presenting Good Morning Britain, I was woken perked up after reading an email to MSE. It inspired me to issue a clarion call to everyone paying interest on existing credit card debt... CARDE DIEM (ut hmm, seize a top card today) - as six lenders are vying to top the balance transfer charts, increasing your acceptance chances."

Read the full story:
'Martin Lewis: 'If you can't afford to clear your credit card each month, you can't afford NOT to read John's email... 'I'm saving £2,280/yr interest, which I'm using to clear the debt''

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• SuperAllyB
    SuperAllyB Posts: 860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'd be more interested to know how John got three new balance transfer cards with zero income?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'd be more interested to know how John got three new balance transfer cards with zero income?
    I'm wondering if Martin knows that his name was put on this published article.  :*
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm wondering if Martin knows that his name was put on this published article.  :*
    On the basis how much MSE pay's Martin to licence his name and image... 
  • Batesy1976
    Batesy1976 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 7 July 2021 at 12:44AM
    Fraud, I imagine.

Two thumbs up for Martin and MSE for endorsing it.

Then again he did back the completely bogus bank charges campaign (which was completely trounced in court) and the PPI "scandal" that was only a scandal because of all the fraudulent claims he tacitly endorsed.
  • nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It doesn't say he currently has zero income. It says he was left with zero income a year ago, built up debt, and has subsequently transferred balances. He is now paying them off, which suggests he now has an income.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback