Mattress Protector height

Hi I have the Sealy Nostromo Latex 1400 double Mattress and it is 30cm high.
My last protector i purchased from bensons when i bought the bed so didn't take any notice of the size of the protector.

Would a 30cm high protetor be ok or should i be looking at a 35 or 40cm high protector?

Also my old protector fits the bed the same way as my fitted sheets do  but i can't seem to find similar ones only the type with straps.
are these any good?
Thank you 

Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.

Comments

• Debran
    Debran Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Can't help you with the depth of the mattress protector but I have found the type with straps are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

My daughter-in-law gets her box side mattress protectors from TKMaxx (don't know if that is spelled correctly) and recently got me one to replace my one which had the stupid straps.  The  pack says it is 32 cm deep.

If you get a mattress protector from a shop you could always ask if you could return it if it doesn't fit well.
  • GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks 
    I've found a normal protector just like a fitted sheet.
    Dormeo one that's £30 in  online only at Dunelm and on Amazon for £23 so ordered that.
    My mat is 30cm high and was worried about a 30cm mat protector fitting properly but staff at Dunelm say I should get a 30cm protector.
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback