Council planning issue

amandahunter17
amandahunter17 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 29 June 2021 at 3:24PM in Consumer rights
Can anyone advise please. We have recently built our own house. Unfortunately we have the neighbour from hell who is on parish council. He stole 15m of our land but when we came to buy the plot we let him keep-it as a gesture of good will.  Since we have started building he has been an absolute nightmare and has contacted the council to complain for every tiny little thing. Unfortunately the council are backing him all the way and literally making our lives hell. Things we are currently battling are soil levels too high in rear garden , we have paid for a survey to be done to disprove this but they are now threatening an enforcement notice. The petty list goes on and on, I’ll not bore you. Question is do I put in an official complaint about victimisation etc or will it make things worse. Clearly they are all mates. I’ve even had random people knocking on my door to say how unfair they think we are being treated. Just don’t know what to do!

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,640 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You could only complain if anything neighbour alleges and planners support is untrue. Even if petty, he has every right to bring matters to the planners' attention if they impinge on his enjoyment of or could potentially damage his property, or contravene the terms and conditions of the PP.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 June 2021 at 5:28PM
    Parish have very little influence on Planning.  You would be better focussed checking what you are accused of and giving evidence to the contrary.  Without any detail in your post it is impossible to say who is right or wrong.  All you can do is disprove any 'infringement'. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback