Microsoft subscription

I had a Microsoft xbox account a couple of years ago, at a different time in my life.
Having changed emails, accounts and getting rid a long time ago, like many I lost track of the subscription and just forgot. 
Having noticed it coming out of the account last week I set about deleting the account and stopping the subscription charge.
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT DETAILS. 
Microsoft have a digital contact system that wants me to log in, in order to access the xbox account.
I tried calling, but they direct me back to the digital help. I don't have the original xbox to try accessing information on it, I can't remember user name or log in details. You just can't speak to anyone so they'll continue ripping off others and myself who just pass it off. 
I realise it's my fault in the original circumstances but surely this can't be right. How many people are they taking money from that just pass it off and that Microsoft have no telephone service for customer care or accounts. They have my bank details, so they can easily track it and sort it out if only I could talk to the Mystical Microsoft Helper.
Please can anyone give me valuable information that I can use to stop this. 
Baring in mind that the bank won't stop it. 

Replies

• MattMattMattUKMattMattMattUK Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    HARVNEIL said:
    I had a Microsoft xbox account a couple of years ago, at a different time in my life.
    Having changed emails, accounts and getting rid a long time ago, like many I lost track of the subscription and just forgot. 
    Having noticed it coming out of the account last week I set about deleting the account and stopping the subscription charge.
    IT'S IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT DETAILS. 
    Microsoft have a digital contact system that wants me to log in, in order to access the xbox account.
    I tried calling, but they direct me back to the digital help. I don't have the original xbox to try accessing information on it, I can't remember user name or log in details. You just can't speak to anyone so they'll continue ripping off others and myself who just pass it off. 
    I realise it's my fault in the original circumstances but surely this can't be right. How many people are they taking money from that just pass it off and that Microsoft have no telephone service for customer care or accounts. They have my bank details, so they can easily track it and sort it out if only I could talk to the Mystical Microsoft Helper.
    Please can anyone give me valuable information that I can use to stop this. 
    Baring in mind that the bank won't stop it. 
    Your xBox account will be linked to your email as well as as the username. If you work through a bunch of old emails you should be able to establish which one had the account linked to it as it will tell you to reset the password rather than there being no account related to that email.

You can the recover the account using the link below, although it will take a while. 
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/help-with-the-microsoft-account-recovery-form-b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

Alternatively if you have a good idea of some of the information you can play a guessing game with the online account recovery  system. 
    https://account.live.com/acsr