MSE News: Lloyds and Halifax to close a further 44 branches by November

Options
29 Lloyds Bank branches and 15 Halifax branches are to close by the end of November, with the banks blaming the move on customers using them less.

Read the full story:
'Lloyds and Halifax to close 44 branches by November – see the full list and where you can bank instead'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They say it is because we are not using the branches.  Well with all the lockdowns and reduced hours its no suprise!

:neutral:
  • adamp87
    adamp87 Posts: 865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It does say usage over the past 5 years on the This Is Money article.

I agree taking services away is poor and it will effect some customer hugely, but in the grand scheme they aren’t going to keep branches open that aren’t used. I think some people overestimate how many people use branches at any given time.

Of course when they reduce hours, days they don’t help themselves but no business (even a bank) is going to keep places open at cost if it’s not profitable.

They’ll always be a competitor I imagine that tried to fill the gap and keep as many branches and human interaction as possible.

But unfortunately just like the high street, banking is evolving rapidly to a online/app based system for the most part. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback