Nectar Connect

Options
Chomeur
Chomeur Posts: 2,132 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 14 June 2021 at 9:53PM in Shop but don't drop
There's a scheme on the nectar website called "Nectar Connect" where you can apparently connect your bank account to your nectar account. It says "Just link your bank account to your Nectar account and you could get up to 30 points per pound when you shop using it. Easy!" Has anyone investigated it? I have a Fairfx card which gets me 3.5% cashback at Sainsbury's, the only place I get Nectar points so maybe there's no advantage in using "Nectar Connect", but maybe I can do both. 30 points per pound would be very generous if it's widely available.

Grateful for your thoughts.

Comments

• Zoe2021
    Options
    I cant see any replies to this post but it could be as I have only just joined the site and not yet sure how it all works... has anyone linked with Nectar Connect yet?  Any problems? 
  • Chomeur
    Chomeur Posts: 2,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is quite heavy:

"
    • As part of Nectar Connect, we will be able to view the payment transactions and transaction history of any debit card or credit card that you link to Nectar.
    • This account linking and viewing of payment transaction data is required for us to operate Nectar Connect.
    • This data will be added to your Nectar profile, so we can analyse and understand your shopping behaviour over time and target you with relevant offers from Nectar & our partners."

• Zoe2021 said:
    I cant see any replies to this post but it could be as I have only just joined the site and not yet sure how it all works... has anyone linked with Nectar Connect yet?  Any problems? 

HI
    I renewed my Sky with them to qualify for 10,000 points which are showing on my Nectar connect account and should have transfered into my main nectar Account so I could spend them at the end of October.
    I have emailed Nectar over twenty times about this, Initally they said they were looking into it now they just ignore the emails, I have contacted them on Twitter again they say they are looking into it.
    Lots of other people on Twitter and Facebook have had the same treatment of being ignored then told to wait 28 days then ignored again.
    Any advice on making them pay out the points (worth about £50) they are owe me as they just continue to say they are looking into the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help
  • Anyone else able to advise on how to settle this ? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback