2»

Comments

• Jsacker
    Jsacker Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 June 2021 at 1:09AM
    Options
    Dakta said:
    The situation is this, 8-9 years before the person started their current role, the subject may have been a  member of a far right party.   As part of this they stood for election, and not only got a bit of news attention at the time
     It isn't necessarily against the law being a member of a "far right" party, but it can be (example here). What is it for this person? Were they part of a now-banned far right group, or were they part of a far-right political party which was otherwise accepted on the ballot? Nothing inherently wrong with being a part of a group which was, and is still, accepted by the UK.
    but also may have made music videos mocking politicians and with lyrics support the cause and 'putting the country back how it should be'
    What's wrong with mocking politicians? So long as you're not in a Civil Service job, which means you have to remain impartial (or is that the issue here?), politicians are fair game for a bit of mocking. 

As long as you aren't slandering them or whatnot, I don't see the issue here. Parody/comedy isn't a bad thing. 

The person works in a busy, corporate organisation with diversity campaigns and has found a role managing a mixed race team.
    Do you have any criticisms about their conduct in their role? Are they dropping the ball diversity-wise? That should be your focus IMO, not their past.

Given the age of the content, the ease if which it can be located and the age/ naivety of the author when the content was first posted to the net, could this pose a problem given that freedoms to political beleifs now appear to be protected?
    Are they protected?!  That's news to me if so! 😲
  • Dakta
    Dakta Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 12 June 2021 at 8:05AM
    Options

Given the age of the content, the ease if which it can be located and the age/ naivety of the author when the content was first posted to the net, could this pose a problem given that freedoms to political beleifs now appear to be protected?
    Are they protected?!  That's news to me if so! 😲
    Well I did a bit of background reading - I'm no expert but I assumed a lot of companies would claim they could be brought into disrepute if videos were found of management filming themselves singing to flags, rallies, lyrics  suggesting (in albeit vague terms) who should be in the country and who not etc. The case I latched onto was of a bus driver who was sacked, but did actually manage to win in court because of the manner in which the company handled it to my understanding.

I'm actually friends with this person, and it was very much a passing phase - however once somethings on the net, it can't easily be forgotten. and I do wonder if it might bite on the !!!!!! sometime if someone either comes across, or actively searches,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback