Advise on claiming prize

First I 100% apologise is this is not the correct place to post this question. 

I won a prize on Instagram a few weeks ago. The company asked for my name and address on DM. But I noticed after a few days they had not looked at the message with my address details. Few days later they posted to say they would be taking a break from social media. I say they were back posting but still didn't look like they had seen the message. 
However yesterday I see they have closed the Instagram page all together. The prize was a candle and a bunch of flowers. Should I just cut my losses or contact them via the website? 
I know these competitions are free but we are spending time to promote their business. I'm still relatively new to comping and my feeling have been hurt 🤣

Comments

• thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 June 2021 at 3:37PM
    If you have any contact details then contact them. Explain what happened, keep it polite and ask if they are going to arrange for prize to be sent. Worst that can happen is they say no.
  • Medic994
    Medic994 Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A similar thing happened to me a few months ago - a lot of new businesses will do a comp to gain followers, but if their business isn't viable they'll shut up shop with little warning. In my case their IG and website was taken down, so there was no way to get in touch and I didn't bother
    Comping wins 2022: 115 (£12,109)
    Comping wins 2021: 109 (£6700)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport