Currys PC World, Sprucefield

Options
kah22
kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Does anyone have a direct phone number or email address Currys PC World store in Lisburn.?  It’s well known that they don’t shine when it comes to customer service.

My problem.  I bought a tripod from them, it was a demonstration model and I was informed it had no box. That wasn’t an issue so I bought. When I got the tripod home I discovered the camera release plate was missing, that made the camera useless!  As there was no box there was no case but I think the no box would cover that. Yes?

Ive been on the phone to their service desk and was advised that I’d have to go back to the store. I explained that that was not an option.  I’m 73 years of age and because of a condition I’ve had since childhood I’ve never been allowed to hold a driving licence. You’ll all appreciate public transport here in the North (maybe appreciate is not the right word 🤓 ). From where I live, Armagh, it would take approximately 1hr and 50 minutes to get to Sprucefield and the same back and that’s from stepping of one but onto another.  Not likely and not practical!

What I’m trying to do is contact the store directly but store telephone numbers are not easily available.  Personally I would prefer an email address as I can give precise information there and be in control of the conversation.

So anyone know Currys  Sprucefield email or telephone. Thanks for you patience 

Kevin

Comments

• homeboy
    homeboy Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't help, I'm afraid, but I can sympathize. I ordered a fridge and washing machine and had TeamKnowHow deliver them. The fridge had a great big dent in the front and had to go back and the washing machine was installed with the drainhose fitted to a blocked pipe. Absolutely useless crowd. Keep trying, is all I can advise, you'll get there!
  • kah22
    Options
    homeboy said:
    Can't help, I'm afraid, but I can sympathize. I ordered a fridge and washing machine and had TeamKnowHow deliver them. The fridge had a great big dent in the front and had to go back and the washing machine was installed with the drainhose fitted to a blocked pipe. Absolutely useless crowd. Keep trying, is all I can advise, you'll get there!
    Homeboy, after a little hunting around the forum I ended up on this site https://www.resolver.co.uk/ , it is marked in association with the moneysavingexpert site. It seems interesting.  I’ve just fired off my complaint through them, it will be interesting to see the results

Kevin
  • homeboy
    Options
    kah22 said:
    homeboy said:
    Homeboy, after a little hunting around the forum I ended up on this site https://www.resolver.co.uk/ , it is marked in association with the moneysavingexpert site. It seems interesting.  I’ve just fired off my complaint through them, it will be interesting to see the results

Kevin
    Let us know how you get on.
  • kah22
    Options
    Hi I was holding back replying until I received a response from Curry’ s, they had said they’d get back to me within 48 to 72 working hours, what’s a working day for Curry’s but so far no reply.  I will update later
  • kah22
    Options
    As a follow up to my original post -  I’ve just received an offer via RESOLVER late this morning offering me a full refund plus £20 gift voucher and I accepted and I get to keep the old product which I will attempt to fix. 
    If the need arises I would contact Resolver again
  • homeboy
    Options
    Not a bad result in the end but wish it was all unnecessary. 
  • kah22
    Options
    There was a lesson to be learned here. Don’t try to contact the like of Curry’s yourself use some sort of a service like RESOLVER
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback