Resolvecall prove it letter

in Debt-free wannabe
9 replies 880 views
Hi everyone 
I had a note through the door to say a Resolvecall agent had called and to phone them re a debt.
It had no mention of who the debt was with and how much it was.
I sent them a prove it letter and just today received a response

Any advice on the next step? Still no info on who the debt is owed to or the amount owed.
Many thanks 
I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.

Replies

  • DjangoUnchainedDjangoUnchained Forumite
    202 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    sounds like they are fishing for info. If you ve asked them for details its up to them to provide them, i would of thought but im sure the experts will advise.
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    18.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    If you've sent one of these

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter

    then I'm surprised that Resolvecall can't read it and respond.

    'I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.'

    If they persist then there is a third letter in the thread but I'd wait to see what happens next

    That letter they sent gives no information - it shouldn't be that difficult for them to say who you owe and how much!
  • pukkamumpukkamum Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    fatbelly said:
    If you've sent one of these

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter

    then I'm surprised that Resolvecall can't read it and respond.

    'I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.'

    If they persist then there is a third letter in the thread but I'd wait to see what happens next

    That letter they sent gives no information - it shouldn't be that difficult for them to say who you owe and how much!
    That was the letter I sent, it seems maybe they are getting cross about people exercising their rights! I’ll send another letter with what you suggest and see what happens.
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • DjangoUnchainedDjangoUnchained Forumite
    202 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    their letter acknowledging websites  that help people deal with this is the same crap that private parking companies come out with. they use it when they know they cant prove the debt or have no firm claim. Show them that you know your rights and want the cca and they will put up or shut up.
  • pogchogpogchog Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    Newbie
    pukkamum said:
    Hi everyone 
    I had a note through the door to say a Resolvecall agent had called and to phone them re a debt.
    It had no mention of who the debt was with and how much it was.
    I sent them a prove it letter and just today received a response

    Any advice on the next step? Still no info on who the debt is owed to or the amount owed.
    Many thanks 
    Hi i sent a prove it letter to them also & i just received the same reply. I’m new to these forums but pleasecan youtell me what you did next & the outcome? Thanks
  • Rob5342Rob5342 Forumite
    458 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    sounds like they are fishing for info. If you ve asked them for details its up to them to provide them, i would of thought but im sure the experts will advise.

    Yes - how can you specifically dispute something you haven't been given any details of.
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Oh bless, aren't they being pedantic.

    Debt collection is a regulated activity, they simply cannot ignore a request for information, or try to fob you off.

    So, to stage 2, make a complaint to them.

    Debt Camel covers the process here -

    When to send a Prove It letter about a debt (debtcamel.co.uk)
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

    More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • pogchogpogchog Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    Newbie
    My original letter said who it was owed to but i don’t remember the debt. If it was mine it would be 2014/15. So i sent a prove it letter & got the same reply as the photo above. I don’t know what or whether to reply as no proof was sent
  • edited 6 April 2022 at 5:59PM
    sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 6 April 2022 at 5:59PM
    pogchog said:
    My original letter said who it was owed to but i don’t remember the debt. If it was mine it would be 2014/15. So i sent a prove it letter & got the same reply as the photo above. I don’t know what or whether to reply as no proof was sent
    Then make a complaint as in my post above.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

    More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Glitch hits Nectar bonzana

Did you miss out on bonus points?

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals