Bank ballance on BR form???

Hi all, me and my husband are just completing our bankruptcy forms. They ate asking what's in our bank account! We have some money in their but it's their for this months bills rent, utilities and so on. Do I put the amount or put zero? It's showing as if the balance is a asset but come Tuesday the account will be emptied from the direct debits! 

Thank you 

Replies

• sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Then put zero.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • luvchocolateluvchocolate Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    The examiner will look at your bank statements and it will show DD so it's not a problem. 
    Could you delete one thread and just stick to one please 
  • TinyPomegranateTinyPomegranate Forumite
    86 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    but come Tuesday the account will be emptied from the direct debits!
      Can you wait til Tuesday to fill in the form?
    However in my experience the examiner wrote to my bank (the account I chose as my main) and said "TinyPom has got £85 in their bank account. Can you please allow them access to this money and retain this instruction towards any basic household income/expenditure that may arise". Or some such words. As long as it's not thousands with nothing for it to be spent on I'm sure you'll be OK.

• snugglepuggle1986snugglepuggle1986 Forumite
    10 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The examiner will look at your bank statements and it will show DD so it's not a problem. 
    Thank you.
     Sorry hadn't realised I had two posts! Will delete now. 
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    but come Tuesday the account will be emptied from the direct debits!
      Can you wait til Tuesday to fill in the form?
    However in my experience the examiner wrote to my bank (the account I chose as my main) and said "TinyPom has got £85 in their bank account. Can you please allow them access to this money and retain this instruction towards any basic household income/expenditure that may arise". Or some such words. As long as it's not thousands with nothing for it to be spent on I'm sure you'll be OK.

Thank you I've already filled in the forms but not submitted yet as still need to wait till my payment on Thursday to finally pay off the last bit of the fees for us both. 
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    Thank you.
     Sorry hadn't realised I had two posts! Will delete now. 
    How do I delete the duplicate post please Luvchocolate was my 1st post and not sure where I'm supposed to delete. I can see someone has already closed the post but not sure how I remove it. Thank you 
  • luvchocolateluvchocolate Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    It's closed now so just leave it. 
    Good luck and keep asking about anything you're worried about 
  • edited 31 May 2021 at 9:51AM
    TinyPomegranateTinyPomegranate Forumite
    86 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 31 May 2021 at 9:51AM
    Thank you I've already filled in the forms but not submitted yet as still need to wait till my payment on Thursday to finally pay off the last bit of the fees for us both. 
    So on the day you submit, the forms will say what you had in your account last week which will by then have changed? So just change the figure to the up-to-date figure on the day you submit the form. It's really OK though, just be truthful with them and you won't go wrong. Don't try to hide anything or spend more than you need. And most people advise taking out some cash to have on hand in case one or all your accounts get frozen for a bit.
    When I submitted my application, I paid all my bills, bought a gift card for a supermarket so I could still do online groceries in the coming weeks, and drew out some cash for other expenses. I declared it all on my form including the gift card, and it was all fine. They do understand that you still need to live while you're going through this process.

10 Posts
    Forumite
    It's closed now so just leave it. 
    Good luck and keep asking about anything you're worried about 
    Thank you luvchocolate, but I gosh don't think their is enough space for all my worries about the bankruptcy! We have been putting it off for 8 years as been scared about actually filling out the forms. I was convinced we would end up on the streets with all our possessions taken away. We now realise that is not the case for us with our circumstances as we owe nothing of value and don't own our home as we sold it 8 years ago  local housing association with mortgage rescue scheme. That's when we was advised to go bankrupt to pay the shortfall of the house sale but we was just so scared if I'm honest. 
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    So on the day you submit, the forms will say what you had in your account last week which will by then have changed? So just change the figure to the up-to-date figure on the day you submit the form. It's really OK though, just be truthful with them and you won't go wrong. Don't try to hide anything or spend more than you need. And most people advise taking out some cash to have on hand in case one or all your accounts get frozen for a bit.
    When I submitted my application, I paid all my bills, bought a gift card for a supermarket so I could still do online groceries in the coming weeks, and drew out some cash for other expenses. I declared it all on my form including the gift card, and it was all fine. They do understand that you still need to live while you're going through this process.

Thank you tinypomegrante, 
    That's great advice :)  means alot and is very helpful. Just so nerve wrecking but I know many go through it daily and things will get easier for us now we have decided to finally go ahead with it