Bank ballance on BR form???

Hi all, me and my husband are just completing our bankruptcy forms. They ate asking what's in our bank account! We have some money in their but it's their for this months bills rent, utilities and so on. Do I put the amount or put zero? It's showing as if the balance is a asset but come Tuesday the account will be emptied from the direct debits! 

Thank you 

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,802 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Then put zero.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    The examiner will look at your bank statements and it will show DD so it's not a problem. 
    Could you delete one thread and just stick to one please 
  • but come Tuesday the account will be emptied from the direct debits!
      Can you wait til Tuesday to fill in the form?
    However in my experience the examiner wrote to my bank (the account I chose as my main) and said "TinyPom has got £85 in their bank account. Can you please allow them access to this money and retain this instruction towards any basic household income/expenditure that may arise". Or some such words. As long as it's not thousands with nothing for it to be spent on I'm sure you'll be OK.

• The examiner will look at your bank statements and it will show DD so it's not a problem. 
    Thank you.
     Sorry hadn't realised I had two posts! Will delete now. 
  • but come Tuesday the account will be emptied from the direct debits!
      Can you wait til Tuesday to fill in the form?
    However in my experience the examiner wrote to my bank (the account I chose as my main) and said "TinyPom has got £85 in their bank account. Can you please allow them access to this money and retain this instruction towards any basic household income/expenditure that may arise". Or some such words. As long as it's not thousands with nothing for it to be spent on I'm sure you'll be OK.

Thank you I've already filled in the forms but not submitted yet as still need to wait till my payment on Thursday to finally pay off the last bit of the fees for us both. 
  • The examiner will look at your bank statements and it will show DD so it's not a problem. 
    Thank you.
     Sorry hadn't realised I had two posts! Will delete now. 
    How do I delete the duplicate post please Luvchocolate was my 1st post and not sure where I'm supposed to delete. I can see someone has already closed the post but not sure how I remove it. Thank you 
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    It's closed now so just leave it. 
    Good luck and keep asking about anything you're worried about 
  • TinyPomegranate
    TinyPomegranate Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 May 2021 at 9:51AM
    Thank you I've already filled in the forms but not submitted yet as still need to wait till my payment on Thursday to finally pay off the last bit of the fees for us both. 
    So on the day you submit, the forms will say what you had in your account last week which will by then have changed? So just change the figure to the up-to-date figure on the day you submit the form. It's really OK though, just be truthful with them and you won't go wrong. Don't try to hide anything or spend more than you need. And most people advise taking out some cash to have on hand in case one or all your accounts get frozen for a bit.
    When I submitted my application, I paid all my bills, bought a gift card for a supermarket so I could still do online groceries in the coming weeks, and drew out some cash for other expenses. I declared it all on my form including the gift card, and it was all fine. They do understand that you still need to live while you're going through this process.

• It's closed now so just leave it. 
    Good luck and keep asking about anything you're worried about 
    Thank you luvchocolate, but I gosh don't think their is enough space for all my worries about the bankruptcy! We have been putting it off for 8 years as been scared about actually filling out the forms. I was convinced we would end up on the streets with all our possessions taken away. We now realise that is not the case for us with our circumstances as we owe nothing of value and don't own our home as we sold it 8 years ago  local housing association with mortgage rescue scheme. That's when we was advised to go bankrupt to pay the shortfall of the house sale but we was just so scared if I'm honest. 
  • Thank you I've already filled in the forms but not submitted yet as still need to wait till my payment on Thursday to finally pay off the last bit of the fees for us both. 
    So on the day you submit, the forms will say what you had in your account last week which will by then have changed? So just change the figure to the up-to-date figure on the day you submit the form. It's really OK though, just be truthful with them and you won't go wrong. Don't try to hide anything or spend more than you need. And most people advise taking out some cash to have on hand in case one or all your accounts get frozen for a bit.
    When I submitted my application, I paid all my bills, bought a gift card for a supermarket so I could still do online groceries in the coming weeks, and drew out some cash for other expenses. I declared it all on my form including the gift card, and it was all fine. They do understand that you still need to live while you're going through this process.

Thank you tinypomegrante, 
    That's great advice :)  means alot and is very helpful. Just so nerve wrecking but I know many go through it daily and things will get easier for us now we have decided to finally go ahead with it 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback