House valuation slightly under

Hi,
My daughter offered £320,000 on a house and it’s come back with a valuation (not a physical valuation) of £316,500.
Any advice on what next steps should be? She has a very large deposit so I’m not anticipating an issue with the Mortgage offer as I seem to remember them saying it would still stick if the house was valued over 313,000.
Is it worth going back to the seller with this to seek a reduction or is that being too petty?
It’s a nice house, in a good location on a very nice small estate and has a larger than average south west facing garden - I mention this as I’m not sure if a non physical valuation would take account of that.
Thanks...

Comments

• K_S
    K_S Posts: 6,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 May 2021 at 3:39PM
    @madeinireland101 What's the loan size and the LTV band? If the reduced valuation doesn't change the LTV band of the product that she has applied for, from a mortgage point of view this downvaluation shouldn't make any difference. That's probably what you refer by the 313k threshold.

I am a Mortgage Adviser - You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. 

PLEASE DO NOT SEND PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.

• Thanks - Her mortgage is £235k and therefore I don’t think this would change the LTV amount which still remains under 75%.
    i suppose I’m wondering if we should seek a seller reduction or not 😀
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure