PCP mis-sold

Has anybody tried to reclaim mis-sold PCP deals? I am currently starting the process and have been told I am due £10k plus in compensation for one of my previous cars? I have had other cars to which are eligible for the compensation. Almost seems to good to be true? 
The only sting if it is genuine like PPI, is the company I have enquired with take a whopping 35%!!! Of the claim value. Has anyone got any information on this? And how easy is it to do by myself without the massive commission 

thanks 

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Mis-sold? In which way?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Has anybody tried to reclaim mis-sold PCP deals? I am currently starting the process and have been told I am due £10k plus in compensation for one of my previous cars? I have had other cars to which are eligible for the compensation. Almost seems to good to be true? 
    The only sting if it is genuine like PPI, is the company I have enquired with take a whopping 35%!!! Of the claim value. Has anyone got any information on this? And how easy is it to do by myself without the massive commission 

thanks 
    That is because it is !
    Simply write to the provider outlining the reasons why it was mis-sold - unfortunately that will be the difficult bit as it wasn't !

• Mis-sold? In which way?
    So apparently car salespeople sold people the car and the finance without telling people about the amount of money they was earning by selling you the finance, well that’s what I have got from it. All the mainstream/ PPI lawyers are offering this at the minute on no win no fee just on a massive commission. 
  • molerat said:

thanks 
    That is because it is !
    Simply write to the provider outlining the reasons why it was mis-sold - unfortunately that will be the difficult bit as it wasn't !

If that’s the case why are all these companies offering it as a service? The FCA have done a big study into this and have said that the car/ finance industry have been misleading people into buying cars on PCP. 
    And why Would a company say your due to x amount when it’s not been mis-sold? 
  • Another mis-selling scandal for MSE to get stuck into ? That and the compo for having brought a diesel car, and not forgetting mothercare for mis-selling prams. d'oh 
  • redpete said:
    So you've had several cars on PCP, presumably the experience was not so bad otherwise you wouldn't have repeated it more than once, yet you think you should be compensated for it?
    redpete said:
    So you've had several cars on PCP, presumably the experience was not so bad otherwise you wouldn't have repeated it more than once, yet you think you should be compensated for it?
    Lots of people got compensation for PPI that they didn’t even know they had? 
    If some organisation has mislead/ lied about commission for there own personal gain surely they should be held accountable in the only way that they care about £££ 
  • @Willguilfoyle, did the company say you are actually due anything or that you may be due something.
    PCP and HP are pretty transparent and easy to understand products.
    I don't see that "mainstream lawyers" will be hopping on this particular bandwagon.
  • @Willguilfoyle, did the company say you are actually due anything or that you may be due something.
    PCP and HP are pretty transparent and easy to understand products.
    I don't see that "mainstream lawyers" will be hopping on this particular bandwagon.
    Well i haven’t officially signed up yet as I’m still abit undecided as wether or not it’s to good to be true. 
    If you google miss selling of PCP claims loads of companies offering it. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback