New Post Advanced Search

Money Tips Email 5 May 2021

4 replies 242 views
MSE_JamesMSE_James MSE Staff
24 posts
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
MSE Staff

Hi Forumites! 

This thread is the place to discuss anything and everything that's in the latest Money Tips email.

The team has been working flat out to bring you the latest deals, guides and tips 'n' tricks. We've picked out a few highlights:

1. The cost of car insurance is at a seven-year low
    One MoneySaver cut his cover from £650 to £250

2. In debt crisis? You can now get 2 months' 'breathing space'
    New rules have arrived in England & Wales

3. How to get cheap broadband by taking advantage of short-lived deals
    There's a new scheme if you're on certain benefits but most can get similar prices

4. Our success of the week is the MoneySaver who reclaimed £5,600
    It took 20 minutes to reclaim packaged bank account fees

5. We've got a compendium of Amazon tips
    Our list of 30+ buying tricks has been updated

If you're not already signed up to receive our Money Tips direct to your inbox, why not? Handily, however, you can do so here.

Official MSE Forum Team member.
Please report all problem posts to [email protected]

Replies

• duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You might want to check the format of the email info box on the right column on the forum pages.

• mmulliganmmulligan Forumite
    2 posts
    Third Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    The Mirror - offer him what you think's reasonable (£30?) for the broken mirror. Or nowt.
  • edited 5 May at 10:11AM
    MSE_JamesMSE_James MSE Staff
    24 posts
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    MSE Staff
    edited 5 May at 10:11AM
    @duncanthedog- thank you for flagging this up ... our techies are working to fix these images

@mmulligan - you can respond to the Money Moral Dilemma over here in this week's thread :smile:
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to [email protected]
  • MallorcaMikeMallorcaMike Forumite
    9 posts
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    BT's £15/mth for 36 Mb fibre broadband announcement has stoked me up again.  We don't have all the details yet but, right now the best speed offered to my village in the East Midlands is 1 to 3 Mb (no fibre), so, although I would qualify for the BT deal, the infrastructure can't deliver those speeds.  To get a workable connection, my only option is through Gigaclear who deliver 40 Mb speeds at £41/mth, plus £14 for a Vonage phone connection (essential because mobile coverage here is unreliable).  The Gigaclear service is very good but there is a lack of competition, so no pressure on price.  I'm already paying over the general level and when the BT deal hits the road it seems I'll be about £40 out of pocket.  Very, very frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support