Help to Buy Equity Loan Advice

Hello; the only way I can get on the property ladder and finally stop renting is using the equity loan, I have bad credit but my mortgage advisor has managed to find me an AIP if I have the equity loan. My question is whether the equity loan is subject to credit criteria? Our is help to buy wales. I can’t find any info on this anywhere and I’m worried that my credit rating will affect the help to buy loan. Can anyone put my mind at rest? Many thanks 

Replies

• RunningmadRunningmad Forumite
    79 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, I posted practically the same post yesterday. I've had some helpful answers so I hope you do to. 
  • K_SK_S Forumite, Ambassador
    6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Photogenic
    Ambassador
    @herbie73 Afaik, your credit profile is not part of the eligibility criteria for H2B Wales.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'Mortgages & Endowments', 'House Buying, Renting & Selling' and 'Mortgage-free Wannabe' boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.

Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Mortgage Adviser - You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.

• Herbie73Herbie73 Forumite
    24 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Oh fantastic thank you so much.