New Post Advanced Search
Can someone please help has there been any official time restrictions on claims of miss sold solar panels by finance agreement 

Replies

• Grumpy_chapGrumpy_chap Forumite
    6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you think was mis-sold?
    - the solar panels?
    - the finance?
    - both?
  • Glen_PickersgillGlen_Pickersgill Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I have a claim going through at the minute but I think the company representing me have been very economical with truth saying there is a 6 year cut off and I may not get a result I have been offered a settlement from the finance company so just wanted to know if they have duped me with the large commission using the cut off period as an excuse to charge more . 
  • brettctabrettcta Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a claim going through at the minute but I think the company representing me have been very economical with truth saying there is a 6 year cut off and I may not get a result I have been offered a settlement from the finance company so just wanted to know if they have duped me with the large commission using the cut off period as an excuse to charge more . 
    Please tell me you haven’t paid them upfront before receiving any sort of settlement?
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
    4 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    No butt they are charging me 50%
    4 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    brettcta said:
    Please tell me you haven’t paid them upfront before receiving any sort of settlement?
    No butt they are charging me 50% because they said its after 6 years and out of time I just need to know if such time restraints exist and if not I will take them to court for lying in the first place in order to gain more money 

• FarfetchFarfetch Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    brettcta said:
    No butt they are charging me 50% because they said its after 6 years and out of time I just need to know if such time restraints exist and if not I will take them to court for lying in the first place in order to gain more money 

There is a set of rules about things like this called 3 year and 6 year - 3 years from knowing, or when you could reasonably have known, you had a complaint, 6 years from taking out the finance.