Moving Help

Options
Hi there, I haven't posted for a while and my situation has subsequently changed. I was told I should move to Scotland, and I am doing just that! I am currently in the SE of England so it's a big move and I am trying to simplify so it doesn't involve too many trips up and back!

I am looking for a 3 bedroom property with a decent sized garden with a budget of £185,000. I need to be within about 45 mins of either Glasgow or Edinburgh, preferably on a train line. I need lots of places for dog walking and ideally, I would love to be on the coast (but I know this might not be possible). I am aware those are big asks! Which areas would be good options and which areas should I avoid? I have been looking at various forums but much of the information is out of date. Thanks in advance for any insight.
April £10 a day challenge £321.85/£300 May £10 a day challenge £136.93/£310 July £20 a day challenge £530.57/£620

Comments

• evangeline
    evangeline Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello does your budget include costs and fees or do you have other funds for those outlays and can afford a house up to £185k? DalgetyBay Fife is on the coastal path , has rail halt, good primary schools etc. Mainly newer properties so not big gardens. More affordable are Inverkeithing which has mainline station, and Rosyth which has a rail halt.

Be aware Scotland operates “offers over” bidding system and property market hot, properties selling within 2 weeks or less at the moment.Best of luck.
  • whatsername
    whatsername Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for the information. Yes, I have been watching how quickly property is moving and it's all a little intimidating! We can afford a house up to £185k with the other costs accounted for. We have looked at Dalgety Bay and it is on our list. I will have another look. :smile:
    April £10 a day challenge £321.85/£300 May £10 a day challenge £136.93/£310 July £20 a day challenge £530.57/£620
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback