Unsigned employment contract and extended probation period due to covid

Options
Dear Sir/Madam,
I started working for a company in February 2020.  At the end of March I was put on furlogh and then returned to work in June 2020. I am still working for the company now although I handed my notice in Friday 23rd April 2021.  They are telling me that i have to give 2 months notice which was stated in my contract.  I cannot find my contract and asked them to send the one I signed and dated.as I am sure it was one months notice.  They said they do not have my signed and dated copy on file and sent me a blank copy..  In June i received an email stating that my probation period had been extended due to COVID for another 6 months.  I have never received any correspondence or had any verbal conversations in relation to the fact that my probation period had finished and that I was successful.  Please could you help me as I have been offered another position and the reason I am leaving is that the job is very stressful and 3 people have already left the company in the last 2 months due to this.

Comments

• General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whether or not your probation period was extended doesn't really make a difference - unless you were required to give more notice when on probation than afterwards, which seems rather unlikely.

A contract of employment doesn't have to be signed by anyone.  The employer is required to provide written information but this does have to be signed.  It is meant to include information about  notice requirements as well as other things like pay and your place of work.  

What does the paperwork you have received say about notice periods (from you, from the employer) and how notice is to be given (probably says it is to be in writing).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback