Is becoming an additional card holder the answer?

I've been aware now for a while that one of the best ways of tackle the credit card debt that hubby and I have is for the debt to having it on low/zero interest bearing cards.

However to get hubby to arrange for BTs on his cards is a nightmare and very often we end up arguing over me nagging him about this.

Whilst I've been in the past willing/able to transfer the balances on his cards onto cards in my name, I can appreciate now that I am no longer able to get the better deals because of my credit/income ratio and have applied in hubby's name for some of the deals out there that are around, for which he has been accepted. However we are having the same arguements about him arranging the transfers.

So would becoming an additional cardholder on these accounts be the answer? What are the implications for me becoming an additional cardholder - eg would there be any effect on my credit/income ratio so when I applied for new cards (after closing down my old ones!) I would have the same problem I have now? Also would the CC companies allow me (as an additional card holder) to make balance transfers?

So
2014 Target;
To overpay CC by £1,000.
Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
£15.88 saved to date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income