Rates bill 2021-2022

guli
guli Posts: 184 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Hello everyone,

Anyone received their rate bill yet? I thought in order to avail ourselves to the discount for paying it early, payment has to be by end of this month.

Thanks

Comments

• They were issued late last year and I read they will be again this year so no payments for those paying by DD in April or May and payment starts June and if paying in full for discount payment due in June. 
  • MaxterMind
    MaxterMind Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    guli said:

Anyone received their rate bill yet? 

I haven't received mine as yet either. 
  • blueberrypie
    blueberrypie Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary

From NI Gov website -

Rate bills to issue in May

Date published: 19 April 2021

The Department of Finance has today announced that rate bills for 2021-22 will begin issuing at the end of May.

Announcing the move, Finance Minister Conor Murphy said: “Rate bills are normally issued at the start of April.  Last year, as part of my package of rates measures to mitigate the impact of the pandemic of households and businesses, I delayed the issuing of rate bill until the beginning of June.

“Anyone who paid by Direct Debit will have paid their last instalment in March.  I have decided to delay the issuing of this year’s bills to June to give ratepayers a two month break in payment instalments.  This will be welcome news for many ratepayers whose incomes are still being affected by effects of the pandemic.”

The Department confirmed that monthly Direct Debit and instalment payment plans will be automatically updated to reflect monthly payments from June 2021 to March 2022.  The deadline to qualify for the discount for early payment will be 9 July 2021.

• Randomreader
    Randomreader Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I got mine today and always pay early to get discount.    The bill says it has to be paid on or before 9 July. 

I pay by direct debit and it will be taken in 30 June. 
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Ours arrived yesterday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills