Default notices

Options
Good morning all

So I’m currently in the process of waiting for my accounts to default before proceeding to a self-managed DMP arrangement. I’ve had two default notice letters today from Aqua and Amex. Do I just ignore these and continue waiting it out, or does this mean that these two have actually been defaulted now?

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,972 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A default notice is a document a creditor must send to you under the terms of the consumer credit act, when you have failed to make the required contractual repayments.

The standard wording goes something like "You have 14 days in which to rectify this breech, otherwise a default may be registered on your credit file".

You must wait until you actually see the default marked on your file, a default notice, and a default on your credit file, are two separate things, but both are triggered by the same action, non payment.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • mrjoshua88
    mrjoshua88 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Perfect. So just keep an eye on my credit report then. Thanks for the clarification. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback