Dental Work Abroad

edited 21 April at 8:11AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
6 replies 316 views
BeremyBeremy Forumite
161 posts
Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 21 April at 8:11AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
Hi All

Anyone have experience of getting dental work done abroad and can point me in the right direction?  Any advice, experiences, please  Have had quote for around 12K from my dentist.  Thank you!

Replies

• edited 14 April at 3:45PM
    ToothsmithToothsmith Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 April at 3:45PM
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • BeremyBeremy Forumite
    161 posts
    Would have to say that that was a complete and utter waste of time.  People's questions not answered at all and instead the threads hi-jacked by some very sanctimonious people.  It should not be that difficult to get a proper answer to a question.  
  • DunnsdaleDunnsdale Forumite
    52 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Try Da Vinci clinic in Milton Keynes first. Much less expensive than most. 
  • sheilavwsheilavw Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I had a dental bridge done in Turkey about 15 years ago. It was going to be about £1500 here, I got it done for £350. My dentist was impressed, never had a problem with it.  I had it done in Fethiye, a lovely lady dentist. We had a holiday for 10 days. I went every other morning, 4 visits I think. We had seen the dentist in the May when on holiday. I then emailed her our holiday dates in August, and she booked the appts so I had a clear idea before I went when I would be going
  • BeremyBeremy Forumite
    161 posts
    Thank you both - I'll look into the Da Vinci clinic - that's not come up on my searches.  I'm also going to look into Turkey as it seems that's really popular.
  • edited 30 April at 5:44PM
    Raspberry_QueenRaspberry_Queen Forumite
    84 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    edited 30 April at 5:44PM
    I knew a lady who had work done in Poland, it was very cheap and good quality. However, she has a Polish fiancé and they went to his hometown, rather than a tourist area. The dentist didn't speak much English. She also went in December when the flights were only £24.