Matalan - Confused!

I placed an order with matalan last weekend and received my confirmation email that payment had gone through (it had) and that I need to wait for shipping email.

Looked at my online banking today and I had more money in there than what I thought.... I went through my transactions and there is no matalan payment, despite there being one last Saturday. No debit, no credit, no emails to say items no longer in stock. Nothing? 

Has anyone else had this before? Customer Service is shocking, can't get anything from them. Do I just assume my order is no longer?? 

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Do you have an account with them?
    Can you check the status of the order?

Are the items still showing as in stock?
  • @Pollycat

No, I signed in as a guest and you can't track anything until you receive your shipping email. Everything is in stock.

To confuse matters even more this morning I've received my shipping email. I have checked both bank accounts and still no transaction. Checked their website and it states  with all click and collect orders payment is taken when you order 🤷‍♀️
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I'd wait and see if your items are delivered or you get 'your click and collect is ready' email..
    Just bear in mind that you will still owe the money (assuming you keep the goods).
  • Well I've just had a messenger message from them saying that it's showing on their system that payment was taken today (a week after order, and a week after they originally took it) Still not showing as a pending on my online banking and have sent them a copy of their FAQs in which they state payment will be taken as soon as the order is placed. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback