MSE News: Ratesetter investors furious as 'technical issue' delays withdrawals after account closure

edited 8 April 2021 at 11:42AM in Savings & Investments
31 replies 802 views
MSE_Helen_KMSE_Helen_K Forumite, MSE Staff
119 Posts
10 Posts First Anniversary
MSE Staff
edited 8 April 2021 at 11:42AM in Savings & Investments
Thousands of Ratesetter investors have been left waiting to get their cash back from closed accounts after a 'technical issue' delayed withdrawals made over the Bank Holiday weekend and on Tuesday. The peer-to-peer lender says it's now fixed the problem though, and says payments should arrive in customers' accounts by the end of Thursday (8 April)...

Read the full story:

'Ratesetter investors furious as 'technical issue' delays withdrawals after account closures'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• ctdctdctdctd Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not furious and my withdrawal arrived today at about 11:45 - so less than a day later than expected.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • edited 8 April 2021 at 12:56PM
    coyrlscoyrls Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 April 2021 at 12:56PM
    I suppose "slightly irritated" doesn't make a good headline.
  • YellowStarlingYellowStarling Forumite
    110 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I think it was more an excuse for account holders to resurrect the whole '2020 halved interest to make a sale with Metrobank' saga again.
  • edited 8 April 2021 at 2:52PM
    AlexlandAlexland Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 April 2021 at 2:52PM
    dunstonh said:
    Furious because of a day's delay?   That is very Daily Mail of you.

I'm now really angry about this even though we are unaffected. It really spoilt my day to hear this news! The guy in the article photo looks pretty chilled although the girl in the background seems worried - maybe she hasn't told him the ratesetter money is delayed? He was relying on that money to buy a nicer kitchen...
  • moneysavingheromoneysavinghero Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    No furious. After all the constant emails advising that this was coming i was expecting to an email when it actually happened. But never got one, so forgot all about and have not even logged into my account to withdraw it.
  • Not bothered about this, just the general experience of having money with Ratesetter: waiting months for a withdrawal last year and the fees on top of this, only to be told all investments would be released anyway. Not furious, but not amused.
  • thegentlewaythegentleway Forumite
    806 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I’m incandescent with rage now I’ve realised I’ve lost out on at least 0.01p of interest.
    No one has ever become poor by giving
  • edited 8 April 2021 at 3:25PM
    IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    21.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 April 2021 at 3:25PM
    Alexland said:
    dunstonh said:
    Furious because of a day's delay?   That is very Daily Mail of you.

I'm now really angry about this even though we are unaffected. It really spoilt my day to hear this news! The guy in the article photo looks pretty chilled although the girl in the background seems worried - maybe she hasn't told him the ratesetter money is delayed? He was relying on that money to buy a nicer kitchen...
    Have you thought about maybe seeking some counselling?  Or do you think maybe a rendition of 'Soft kitty' would suffice?  :)
    Success is going from failure to failure without losing motivation