New Post Advanced Search

Gym membership Cancellation

2 replies 47 views
Please can anyone help me
I signed up with a gym/health club January 20, it was a years contract.
Obviously while we've  been in lockdown they stopped taking payments but are going to restart they open. However, unfortunately i contracted coronavirus and was very ill (hospitalised) but made a good  recovery but am not as fit was to be able to return to fitness /spin classes and swimming so i cancelled  my direct debit. Also my hours at work are now reduced.
I've just recieved an email saying that i have to continue paying for at least 3 mnths to finish my contract (which finished in January)
They have threatened debt collectors if i dont pay.
 Any advice would be very welcome please

Replies

• JGB1955JGB1955 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds very reasonable to me - you promised to pay them for 12 months... maybe make 'going swimming' an initial goal for you.  There will be no spin classes for quite a while...  You've had quite a few months of use already - July to December?  Speak to them and explain your situation... you may strike lucky.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2021 - £1 a day challenge £276/£365.
    #36 Saving for Christmas 2020 - £1 a day challenge.... £634/£366...
  • Avaline2121Avaline2121 Forumite
    7 posts
    Fourth Anniversary First Post
    Please can anyone help me
    I signed up with a gym/health club January 20, it was a years contract.
    Obviously while we've  been in lockdown they stopped taking payments but are going to restart they open. However, unfortunately i contracted coronavirus and was very ill (hospitalised) but made a good  recovery but am not as fit was to be able to return to fitness /spin classes and swimming so i cancelled  my direct debit. Also my hours at work are now reduced.
    I've just recieved an email saying that i have to continue paying for at least 3 mnths to finish my contract £49 per month (which finished in January)
    They have threatened debt collectors if i dont pay.

Any advice would be very welcome please