Home improvement, Credit card or a loan? help please.

Options
Hi, Ive been working on my house the past year and need a boost to get it done and not wait any longer. New windows, carpets, kitchen spraying. I need 5,000 and I can pay the whole lot back in 18-24 months. BUt the people I use for windows etc dont do credit cards. I dont want to use anyone else as they are good and reliable. I can pay for the carpets via card and kitchen (I guess)  so what to do get a card or a loan? Ive not had a card for decades and have good credit. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you've not had cards for decades, you may not have very good credit as you'll be something of an unknown quantity.

Try an eligibility to see what your options may be but if your suppliers don't accept cards, you'll need either a loan or a money transfer card.
  • Swoosh84
    Swoosh84 Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you can get a 0% card then that is your best option as its interest free lending. You can get whats called a Money Transfer card meaning you can take money out and into your current account then use this to pay for the Windows. Beaware though, there will be a % fee for withdrawing the cash.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback