Resolvecall threat

I'm 5years 6months in to a defaulted debt and haven't spoken with the debtor in this time.
The most recent letter says that Resolvecall will be visiting my property in order to get me to reconnect with the debtor unless I make contact within 7days.

If I ring the office and give my details will this then reset the clock on the 6 years statutory barred ruling? 

I've recently had 2 other debts removed from my credit file after having crossed the 6year point and I don't want to spoil it with this one.
Thanks

Replies

• no_claim_no_gainno_claim_no_gain Forumite
    6 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    **Creditor not debtor
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Only written acknowledgement counts as such for the purpose of sec 5 Limitation act.

Resolve call won`t be knocking on your door anytime soon due to covid, if they do, just tell them to hop it, as I and others have posted many times on various threads, resolve call use self employed collection agents, just normal civvies like you and me, no special power or rights, so you do not have to engage with them.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • no_claim_no_gainno_claim_no_gain Forumite
    6 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for your reply. That ties in with what else I'm reading elsewhere.
  • JamieJ89JamieJ89 Forumite
    96 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I had resolvecall visit my address last month looking for the previous tenant - all they did was put a note through the door asking her to contact the office. Most pointless visit ever, they didnt even knock on the door!
  • rzonlinerzonline Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    Resolvecall do not use self-employed agents; all of their agents are fully employed by them. In other words, they are paid a basic salary which is above minimum wage and topped up by commission. Their commission is not linked to how much money they "collect." It is linked to outcomes for each visit, determined by information uncovered on that visit. They are paid their commission by getting the debtor on the phone to the creditor or even just by confirming that the debtor still resides at the address or that the debtor has moved on. If there is no answer at the property, they will confirm the customer's residence by knocking on neighbours' doors (though that isn't happening in the current pandemic situation). Some clients of Resolvecall do not wish to engage the company's services for face to face visits during this time, hence just posting cards and not knocking on the doors. So that's a brief rundown about the company and their agents.

As stated, the agents have no power. They are paid to try and get the debtor to connect with the creditor. In my experience, most of the agents are decent guys and aren't pushy. They are instructed to try and persuade the customer to "reconnect" by management but aren't coercive. Speaking to them at the door or on the phone would not start the 6 years over again. If an agent comes around again, politely tell him to leave the property.
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    rzonline said:
    Resolvecall do not use self-employed agents; all of their agents are fully employed by them. In other words, they are paid a basic salary which is above minimum wage and topped up by commission. 
    Semantics really, but thanks for the information.

The message is still not to engage with them whatever there employment status.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.