Child support payment - irregular income

I lost my job back in October and have taken on part time work from January. Myself and my ex partner have an agreed payment arrangement and I pay each month depending on how often I have the kids. 
I've been doing some consultancy work since November and have just got paid (£2000 after pension). My question is how do I work out how much of this £2k do I need to pay for CM? I've seen a lot of conflicting info and I'm unsure if it needs to be paid in one lump or split over the 5 months I've earned it etc? Is there a standard formula for working this out?
I don't have any guarantee of any more consultancy work but may get some later in the year.

Any help appreciated!


Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards