Business from van

in Boost Your Income
7 replies 271 views
Hello,
I have a ford transit connect van just sat there and it got me thinking, maybe I could run a business from it. A mobile business that I take to the customer but im in need of some ideas that could work please?.
Do you think its possible?

Replies

• pramsay13pramsay13 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Parcel delivery.
  • EJ_ClarkeEJ_Clarke Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    At the lockdown last March, I contacted as many local food businesses as I could find, that didn't currently offer delivery, and offered to run their logistics for them. If they can package the food, I can collect & distribute. You can also just advertise on GumTree, Craigslist, Facebook etc. as "Man with Van" for £50-80/day. You may have more luck with that than I did, as I've only got a small van. 
    Even just helping friends & family move furniture around can be an easy £50 - it's cheaper and easier for them than hiring a van (don't underestimate how many people are scared to drive vans). 
    Avoid Amazon - unless you REALLY enjoy meeting unrealistic targets, being over worked, and under paid.
  • BudgetnannaBudgetnanna Forumite
    5 Posts
    First Post
    EJ_Clarke said:
    At the lockdown last March, I contacted as many local food businesses as I could find, that didn't currently offer delivery, and offered to run their logistics for them. If they can package the food, I can collect & distribute. You can also just advertise on GumTree, Craigslist, Facebook etc. as "Man with Van" for £50-80/day. You may have more luck with that than I did, as I've only got a small van. 
    Even just helping friends & family move furniture around can be an easy £50 - it's cheaper and easier for them than hiring a van (don't underestimate how many people are scared to drive vans). 
    Avoid Amazon - unless you REALLY enjoy meeting unrealistic targets, being over worked, and under paid.
    Thankyou so much. My van is a ford  transit connect so not the huge one but still decent.
    Could call myself Nan with a Van 😅.
    Amazon never crossed my mind as I thought they just had there own drivers
  • knightstyleknightstyle Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a mobile coffee van? Easy to set up and there is a demand in/near parks etc. No heavy lifting or much driving, Need to check legal requirements in your area though.
  • lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a mobile coffee van? Easy to set up and there is a demand in/near parks etc. No heavy lifting or much driving, Need to check legal requirements in your area though.
    A Transit Connect may be a bit small for this. Also many councils tend to either not want food/beverage providers in or near their parks or will charge a licence fee if someone wants to provide these.
  • edited 1 April at 3:28PM
    richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 April at 3:28PM
    If you can build flat pack furniture, offer a full service including going to the warehouse to pick it up. Don’t forget furniture needs to be secured to the wall to avoid topple over accidents.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • BudgetnannaBudgetnanna Forumite
    5 Posts
    First Post
    richardw said:
    If you can build flat pack furniture, offer a full service including going to the warehouse to pick it up. Don’t forget furniture needs to be secured to the wall to avoid topple over accidents.

That's one thing I couldnt do as never built furniture in my life. Thanks though