Scottish DAS (DPP) Regulator?

Options
Would anyone be able to tell me if there is a regulator for the Scottish Debt Arrangement Scheme, and associated Payment Distributors?
My OH has been in a DPP since 2008, he is now nearly at completion, but looking at the figures, they just don’t stack up. 
We have tried contacting Account in Bankruptcy, and the Distributer but they are ignoring requests for communication. 
Something isn’t right and all we are getting is shut doors.
Can anyone advice please? 
Thank you. 
Don't try to keep up with the Joneses - Drag them down to your level - it's cheaper . :p:D

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    National Debtline`s take on this -

What if I have a complaint?

If you are unhappy with the way in which your debt payment programme has been dealt with, you may have reasons for complaint about your approved money adviser or the DAS Administrator. Both should treat you fairly.

A complaint about your approved money adviser

If you feel that you have a complaint about your approved money adviser, you should make a complaint to the organisation that they work for.

You can also make a complaint about your approved money adviser to the DAS Administrator. They have the power to cancel approved money adviser status if they feel that the adviser is unable to carry out the duties set out by the Scottish Government. See the Useful contacts section for details of how to contact the DAS Administrator.

A complaint about the DAS Administrator

If you feel that you have a complaint about the DAS Administrator, you should follow the Accountant in Bankruptcy’s complaints procedure.

If you are still unhappy, you can complain to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman. See the Useful contacts section for details of how to contact the Accountant in Bankruptcy and the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

Useful contacts

Citizens Advice Scotland Phone: 0808 800 9060 www.cas.org.uk

DAS Administrator Phone: 0300 200 2600 Email: aib@aib.gov.uk www.aib.gov.uk/debt-arrangement-scheme/

Money Advice Scotland Phone: 0141 572 0237 Email: info@moneyadvicescotland.org.uk www.moneyadvicescotland.org.uk

Scotland's Financial Health Service www.scotlandsfinancialhealthservice.gov.uk

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman The Ombudsman has a freepost address:Freepost SPSO Phone: 0800 377 7330 www.spso.org.uk

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback