MuddyBooks tackles the mountain.

2»

Comments

• Grabs39
    Grabs39 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Good luck! 

Important question - what type of fluffy pup?
  • Chiglepig
    Chiglepig Posts: 611 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Lots of good progress there, @MuddyBooks, I don't know about where you are, but our  forcast for the weekend looks like perfect shed-building weather.
    2014 starting mortgage £165,000
    2015 second charge £20,000 - Jan 2021 paid off in full
    Current outstanding balance - £115,856

• Fluffy pup is a malamute! So one of the fluffiest of all fluffy pups. 

I just went to check our forecast to confirm/deny being in alliance with your weather and low and behold - we’ve got a tiny bit of snow forecast tonight! Finding the forecast quite bewildering at the minute, never seen so many varying symbols in one 12 hour period, let alone 24 hours. But tomorrow morning looks sure to be dry at the least, we may have bits of shed taking flight with the wind, however.

I’ve now celebrated my birthday and have been restocked with all things I’m too cheap to spend my own money on. Make up, face packs, bath bombs etc. Feeling very jammy as I’m not a birthday person at all (my cake was a candle in a mini roll - raspberry mini roll, mind you, did push the boat out a smidge) and this is my second in a lockdown which suits me fine. Do feel rotten for those who enjoy a good knees up missing out on their birthdays but I think I’ll at least be a little more self confident in saying no to plans being forced on me from here on out. 

However DH dropped a spanner into the works by reminding me our car insurances are due in May so that’s something to get organised. Did actually watch the money show a few weeks back saying the best day to buy your insurance being 3 weeks prior so I’ve got that on my calendar, just can’t believe it’s almost April already.

Will be making an OP tomorrow when I’ve been and put some birthday money in the bank and done our grocery shopping for the next couple days 😊
    2021 Mortgage Overpayments (Since March): £126.07
  • Food shop has been completed for under £25! Have a few store cupboard meals to do this week so just got cheap things like potatoes for jacket spuds which has obviously helped. Expect a top up shop midweek for milk etc but I’m pleasantly surprised!

Paid £59.92 off the mortgage so we’ve OP’d £109.92 so far this month 🥳 might be able to squeeze another OP through before the end of the month too 😊
  • Porridgecat
    Porridgecat Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi there, I'm also fairly new on the board but at the other end of the mortgage. I make little overpayments during the month as I find it helps with motivation. We make a big lump sum overpayment at the start of the month with our monthly payment and then any extras I find get split between the mortgage, long term savings, short term savings and the holiday pot. So far its working well.
    Mortgage Free 23 December 2020
    Savings £9671 / £20 000 goal
    Emergency Fund £216 / £1000 goal
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Food shop has been completed for under £25! Have a few store cupboard meals to do this week so just got cheap things like potatoes for jacket spuds which has obviously helped. Expect a top up shop midweek for milk etc but I’m pleasantly surprised!

Paid £59.92 off the mortgage so we’ve OP’d £109.92 so far this month 🥳 might be able to squeeze another OP through before the end of the month too 😊
    Well done on the OPs muddybooks
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £1,075 /£3,600

• Hi there, I'm also fairly new on the board but at the other end of the mortgage. I make little overpayments during the month as I find it helps with motivation. We make a big lump sum overpayment at the start of the month with our monthly payment and then any extras I find get split between the mortgage, long term savings, short term savings and the holiday pot. So far its working well.
    I was thinking it might be easier budget wise to skim the OP off the top at the start of the month when DH gets paid and then add to it through my weekly pay day. I imagine that's what we'll eventually do once we've finished cash flowing our garden work and have last years CC paid off. We're also very near the end of a loan, meaning by summer we'll have an extra £150 per month.

And thank you @powerspowers :) 

Called the library this morning to get my card number to log into their audiobook app. So that is nice free entertainment for me, as well as a job I've been putting off for a few weeks as they swapped their lending app and I couldn't find my library card ticked off the list.

The shed is now up in the garden so we're getting prices for materials for decking, no rush as we've still got a couple skip runs to do and general tidying up after Winter to do in the hedgerows to keep us busy. The area where it's going is safe enough and we're getting dozens of birds hunting and taking dirt baths in the mean time. I also spent yesterday morning scrubbing out the utility room now all the shed contents are back where they belong. Feels like a good job done!  

£6.63 off the mortgage today to round the bank down :) 
  • Small OP this morning of £7.17 🥳 Trying to keep a running total in my signature.
    Another lovely day here! Fully aware we have snow forecast at the start of next week, however so trying to make the most of it. Mini is also pretty excited as we can get the bus to see Grandma on Thursday to sit in her garden. Could cry with relief, not seen her since we could form a little bubble with her over Christmas and at 85 the technology to keep in touch doesn't go beyond a nightly phone call once Mini is in bed. To say we miss her very very much feels like a very very huge understatement. 
    DH is also making the most of the weather (and lighter nights) by going on a nightly bike ride so it's me and Mini for a solo tea tonight. Going to attempt jacket potatoes - partly in the microwave (meecrowarvay - couldn't resist!) and then to crisp the skin up in the airfryer. If it goes like I hope it could be a earth shattering revelation of quick but crispy jacket spuds. 
    DH's payday tomorrow so looking forward to plumping up our garden renovations account, paying down the CC a little and getting our ducks in a row for April. Once our April mortgage payment goes out, and the interest goes on (It was £9.49 a day last month, so using that as our benchmark) we'll have £310 to OP to reach my goal of 107500. Hoping to hit this by mid April, but DH is wanting us to book tickets to a theme park for May as something to look forward to (It's a TV-based land, this is probably our last year of Mini wanting to go) so do want to save up for that too, will find a 2 for 1 ticket deal as I added up the cost last night without a voucher and... yikes! We'll be able to go mid week term time, which will mean it's lovely and quiet. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure