Queston about overpayments
I'm trying to pay my mortgage off asap. I have a question which I hope you can help with.
My HSBC fixed rate is up in August 21, so I can get a new fixed rate end May.
I've been overpaying every month £400.
Would it be better if I add that £400 to the repayments each month and do no overpayment? or continue as I am and carry on doing the extra £400?
I can't see any advantages of adding it to my fixed repayment amount. Or am i missing something?
My LTV is approx 45% so I should be able to get a fairly decent fixed rate.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.3K Spending & Discounts
- 232K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.6K Life & Family
- 245.2K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards