MyWaitrose discrepancies between online order and final receipt

KittaKatta
KittaKatta Posts: 64 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 March 2021 at 4:55PM in Gone off!
Hi, just a quick warning. I have just received a mywaitrose delivery. Shortly before that I received an email with my receipt, which said that a couple of perishable item were expiring tomorrow and that they were therefore included for free (very appreciated). The total was however strangely similar to the original one.
I checked my order on receipt and noticed that, although the receipt mentioned two kitchen towels, only one had been delivered. I went online to request a refund but my account only had one kitchen towel on order. I rang customer service warning them of the fact that the receipt and the online account did not match. They promised to refund one of the towels (the refund is now pending) but they would not comment on the reason why my online account any my receipt did not match. 

Comments

• MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I quit using Morrisons, because the receipt would show that I got the item requested but I would receive a substitute. If I pay extra for organic, I want organic. ASDA has also done this. My suggestions would be (a) order from a supermarket wich lets you choose subs or not and add notes for pickers (b) photograph damaged, short date and subs and let supermrket know that you have evidemce (c) switch supermarket if these things happen frequently. 
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    We've been getting Waitrose delivery every week for several months now, twice we've had free items as on-date (yay!), once ordered 2 of one item but only 1 packed (however charged for 1 so fine). Never had a pricing issue as above posting. If i've had an issue i've emailed customer services and got speedy reply and matter resolved. No complaints here!
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am sure Waitrose will sort it out. Can't say I've ever had an issue that hasn't ben resolved promptly and in my favour.   
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback