Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

15% Deposit

helen_919helen_919 Forumite
4 Posts
Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
Applying for mortgage with Barclays I'm aged 50 due to retire at 67 and have been given an AIP based on having a 15% deposit only. Has anyone else had this kind of offer is it due to my age thanks

Replies

• edited 27 February at 4:52PM
    K_SK_S Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 February at 4:52PM
    @helen_919
    AIPs can come back at a lower LTV for many reasons - credit history, kind of property, affordability, etc. It's hard to say what the reason might be without more detail.

Have a play-around with the affordability calculator here to see how close to the borrowing limit you are with your circumstances.
    https://resources.barclays.co.uk/mortgage-calculators/residential-affordability

Any reason you picked Barclays or is this through a broker?

I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.