Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Nationwide mortgage overpayments - 10% per rolling year or year since opened?

Hi,
I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere in the T&C... I have a fixed term mortgage with nationwide taken out a year ago, overpayments are a maximum of 10% 'per annum'.

What I'm struggling to understand is if this is a rolling total, i.e. 10% in the last 12 months, or if the 10% limit resets each anniversary of the mortgage being taken out.

i.e. If I took out the mortgage in April 2020, and had made regular overpayments, would I be able to top up to 10% in March, and then continue to make overpayments in April, or do I need to keep an eye on the rolling total for the last 12 months to make sure that in any 12 month period I don't exceed the limit? 

thanks

Replies

• K_SK_S Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the anniversary of the mortgage.

I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.