Nationwide mortgage overpayments - 10% per rolling year or year since opened?

Hi,
I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere in the T&C... I have a fixed term mortgage with nationwide taken out a year ago, overpayments are a maximum of 10% 'per annum'.

What I'm struggling to understand is if this is a rolling total, i.e. 10% in the last 12 months, or if the 10% limit resets each anniversary of the mortgage being taken out.

i.e. If I took out the mortgage in April 2020, and had made regular overpayments, would I be able to top up to 10% in March, and then continue to make overpayments in April, or do I need to keep an eye on the rolling total for the last 12 months to make sure that in any 12 month period I don't exceed the limit? 

thanks

Replies

• K_SK_S Forumite, Ambassador
    6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Photogenic
    Ambassador
    It's the anniversary of the mortgage.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'Mortgages & Endowments', 'House Buying, Renting & Selling' and 'Mortgage-free Wannabe' boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.

Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Mortgage Adviser - You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.