Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Halifax Mortgage Process

Received AIP from Halifax.

Mortgage broker has asked for pay slips, banks statements, etc. 

AIP said we could get 250k but house is only 210k. We are putting 5% deposit down, with 10% from help to buy loan.

Mortgage application is being submitted later, will he submit all documents we’ve sent to him? Or just payslips?

Just worried as one of my bank statements shows me in agreed overdraft for 7 days. Obviously can’t be helped and I’m being completely transparent about it, but it’s the only thing that’s stressing me out and making me think we’ll be declined.

Replies

• RelievedSheffRelievedSheff Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends what documents the underwriters request. We did our application with the Halifax last month and they only asked for most up to date wage slips.
  • K_SK_S Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keliz said:
    Received AIP from Halifax.
    Mortgage broker has asked for pay slips, banks statements, etc. 
    AIP said we could get 250k but house is only 210k. We are putting 5% deposit down, with 10% from help to buy loan.
    Mortgage application is being submitted later, will he submit all documents we’ve sent to him? Or just payslips?
    Just worried as one of my bank statements shows me in agreed overdraft for 7 days. Obviously can’t be helped and I’m being completely transparent about it, but it’s the only thing that’s stressing me out and making me think we’ll be declined.
    @keliz Broker may ask for documents that the lender doesn't need in the first instance. I also ask clients to send 3 months bank statements irrespective of the lender so I can make sure that everything relevant has been been considered before putting in an application. The last couple of PAYE Halifax apps that I did only required the latest payslip to be submitted, nothing else.

I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.