DIY Gents Hair Cuts / (and ladies too)

2»

Comments

• Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 818 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    I've (F) been dying my own hair for about 20 years now - sometimes I've cut it myself, sometimes I've visited hairdressers and I let my partner have a go cutting it during lockdown on the understanding that if he messed it up, I'd just buzz it off. I had a shaved head for a couple of years, and the only thing I didn't like about it was the people who looked all sad for me, assuming I had cancer. Also been cutting his since the before times!
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,422 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 March 2021 at 8:25PM
    Savetowin said:
    I started cutting the SO hair and really enjoyed it. he's growing it out now. But I have to stay I am ready to drop some serious money on hair and beauty in the coming months. I keep on looking down and seeing split ends and it's driving me nuts
    You can cut the individual split hairs with a sharp pair of scissors that have only been used on hair (often referred to as 'search and destroy', or S&D).  I actually use a pair of Korbond scissors (orange handle) that were a couple of pounds from Wilko - though I have to admit I wouldn't use them for a proper trim or overall cut.  They're just fine for individual hairs though.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    During the first lockdown my husband pleaded with me to cut his hair.  I was very reluctant as I know my strengths and weaknesses and cutting hair is the latter.  I gave in finally and made a total cats breakfast of it, even though I tried really hard.  It looked terrible.  When the hairdressers/barbers opened again I paid for him to get a decent cut.  I did make him laugh by pointing out that my Physics and Astronomy degree did not included cutting hair  :open_mouth:

As others have said as we are retired getting our hair cut regularly is not the biggest priority in our lives 
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    My mum (in support bubble with my Dad) gives me a little trim and takes out some of the weight from the back of my head. It needs a professional touch. My hairdresser texted me to say I'm one of her higher priority customers and will be in touch at end of the month with appts times to choose.

Renewed passport yesterday so had to look OK in the photo as have to put up with the photo for the next 9.5 years (as need 6 months left when traveling) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback