Unable to complete Asda online orders

Options
Whatever1605
Whatever1605 Posts: 13 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 March 2021 at 4:55PM in Gone off!
Is anyone else having problems with Asda's online shopping system?  I am able to book a slot and fill an online shopping basket.  But when I click Checkout to pay, an error screen appears.  Asda has confirmed the issue is with their systems as they say they are doing a systems upgrade.  But it's been over a week now and I'm unable to order from them.  Is this system problem happening to anyone else?

Comments

• jap200
    jap200 Posts: 2,033 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Yes, I also had this problem, but it resolved when I cleared my cache, so I suggest trying that.
  • Whatever1605
    Options
    Thank you jap200, a great suggestion.  But yes, I have cleared my cache and I also tried both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, both with cleared cache, and also tried the Asda app on my iPad, but nope, I cannot check out an order, so I cannot make an online purchase.  I've called Asda a few times now, and today I was told they were having system problems due to a technical upgrade, but I haven't seen anything in the press about anyone else not being able to place an order... 
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,225 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I had no problems whatsoever, ordered yesterday PM with delivery due this morning
    Firefox browser on windows desktop PC
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Whatever1605
    Options
    Thank you Farway, I just tried Firefox and the same thing happened.  So my guess now is that my Asda account must be damaged somehow.  I just called Asda customer service again and asked them to see if they can reset my account.  I guess if that doesn't work, I'll try opening a new account....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
     I made an order this morning on my ipad. No problems 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family