Discharge due but ipa forms recieved from grant thornton

Options
Hi please I really hope someone can give me some advice. I am due to be discharged in 48hrs on 26th Feb but recieved a letter this morning to say Grant Thornton are now trustees of my bankruocy and 'to enable them to decide whether to apply to the courts for  a IPO I need to complete the inclosed form'
I thought an IPA had to be put in place before discharge and now I'm really worried? 
IPA was not required when I delt with the official reciever and my employment and income havent changed? Have grant thornton just sent this out automatically or in error? I'm so worried i really thought this would all be over in 48hrs and now all the stress and anxiety has come flooding back 😪

Comments

• Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 February 2021 at 4:30PM
    Options
    Your best bet is ring them and ask what it's all about. It's true that an IPA cannot be put in place after discharge but the fact that the letter mentions an IPO (which is a court ordered IPA) means they may have already applied to the Court. If that is the case then the IPO can be implemented post-discharge.     
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,999 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 February 2021 at 12:01AM
    Options
    Can’t see much happening in 48 hrs, OP states -

to enable them to decide whether to apply to the courts for an IPO”

suggests they have not yet done so.
    Clock runs out on the 26th regardless.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback