New Post Advanced Search

Avis Class Action - Scam or real?

edited 23 February at 1:19PM in Campaigns Corner
4 replies 138 views
MysteryManMysteryMan Forumite
39 posts
Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 23 February at 1:19PM in Campaigns Corner
I have just received a note through the post about a Class Action being brought against Avis Budget Rent a Car.

This is something out of the blue and wondered if anyone knows if it is real or some sort of scam I should ignore.

It refers to anyone hiring a car in Florida in a certain time period and I would probably have done this.

Hoping that the following link will show a scan of the letter.....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/quljs9ta1ekhxry/Class%20Action.pdf?dl=0

If anyone can provide any information/opinions then I would be most grateful

Replies

• ArnisdaleArnisdale Forumite
    24 posts
    10 Posts
    I have just received a note through the post about a Class Action being brought against Avis Budget Rent a Car.

This is something out of the blue and wondered if anyone knows if it is real or some sort of scam I should ignore.

It refers to anyone hiring a car in Florida in a certain time period and I would probably have done this.

Oh do behave yourself.
  • MysteryManMysteryMan Forumite
    39 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Arnisdale said:

Oh do behave yourself.
    Just to be clear.....are you saying it is some sort of scam? 
  • JanO_2JanO_2 Forumite
    8 posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, I received this letter too this week and I wondered if it was a scam.  Mine refers to a trip to Florida in 2008.  Wait and see till after the court case in March.
  • JanO_2JanO_2 Forumite
    8 posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Thedibb.com which is a UK website for people visiting Florida have quite a few people stating that they have received the same postcard.