Receeded Gum

Hi All,

I'm in a bit of a predicament at the moment. For the past year I've had what I would say looks like a really bad receeded gum, it's on one of my bottom front teeth so really noticable but it doesn't cause me any pain whatsoever. 

I moved cities quite a while ago now but never got around to finding a dentist before the whole covid situation blew up so I can't just go and get it checked out. 

I'm aware that it might have gotten to the point where only dental intervention can reverse the damage already done but does anyone have any suggestions of how I can keep on top of it now and prevent any more damage before I'm able to visit a dentist? 

TIA

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • ToothsmithToothsmith Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dentists are open and operating now. It should be possible for you to find somewhere to get it looked at.

How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dentists are open and operating now. It should be possible for you to find somewhere to get it looked at.

Mine is only for seeing emergencies and "vulnerable patients" one and half days per week! Everything else is being continually re-booked three months on.