Reliable vitamins online - recommended sites

'WHICH' released an article about a year ago on a study they did on various online vitamin retailers and their products. The result was quite shocking, with some products containing half of the vitamins shown on the label. Can anyone recommend trustworthy companies/sites/brands to purchase vitamins from?

Replies

• donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not go by the study from WHICH?    They must have stated which brands had the highest content/
  • TroughtonTroughton Forumite
    17 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    They didn't list any - they mentioned only those that fell short of their claims 
  • edited 6 February at 2:50PM
    DebranDebran Forumite
    316 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 6 February at 2:50PM
    We can recommend suppliers but we could only vouch for their viability if we had had them analysed and fully tested.
    Some will swear they had taken such-and-such a supplement for years and tell you of its remarkable results but, for all we know, it could be all in the mind.  Could probably have got the same result with a placebo.
    I only take supplements recommended for me by medics and I get mine from:
    justvitamins.co.uk
    and although I cannot claim their products are better than ones sold elsewhiere, they are reasonably priced in comparison.
    Someone will now probably thinking of the old adage "You only get what you pay for" but you, Troughton, as a reader of "Which?" will know that this is far from the truth.
    Depends on whar you are looking for but some supplements can be picked up at low cost from supermarkets.
    If cost is not one of your prime concerns, then the world is your oyster.

• TroughtonTroughton Forumite
    17 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thank you, Debran. Will check out justvitamins. No, cost is not important to me when it comes to health - I just want to be sure I am consuming what the label says I'm consuming 
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Debran said:
    We can recommend suppliers but we could only vouch for their viability if we had had them analysed and fully tested.
    Some will swear they had taken such-and-such a supplement for years and tell you of its remarkable results but, for all we know, it could be all in the mind.  Could probably have got the same result with a placebo.
    I only take supplements recommended for me by medics and I get mine from:
    justvitamins.co.uk
    and although I cannot claim their products are better than ones sold elsewhiere, they are reasonably priced in comparison.
    Someone will now probably thinking of the old adage "You only get what you pay for" but you, Troughton, as a reader of "Which?" will know that this is far from the truth.
    Depends on whar you are looking for but some supplements can be picked up at low cost from supermarkets.
    If cost is not one of your prime concerns, then the world is your oyster.

I use the same website. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
     I use biovea which is usa based. Only because i buy melatonin which isn't available in the uk. 
  • olb1olb1 Forumite
    320 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    i like vitabiotics , good quality products 
  • serena9serena9 Forumite
    55 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ^^^ this, not the strongest but seem to work very well