Monthly paid - furlough for 7 days last month

I joined a company in September last year. Due to lack of work the company put me on furlough on Thursday 7th January which ended on Friday 15th January. I wasn't happy about furlough so I put my notice in on the 15th (one week notice) and I was back at work for my last week (18-22nd). 
During my employment I was on a fixed salary with additional monthly car allowance. I've just received my final payslip which seems incorrect. Am I right in thinking I should receive my normal salary for the days/weeks I wasn't furloughed plus reduced furlough pay for the period 7th-15th?
Thanks for any advice offered. Paul

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    What have you actually been paid i.e. how many days were paid at furlough rate from 1 to 22 January inclusive?
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Are you normally paid for the calendar month whenever the money is paid into your bank?
    Have you been paid only up to 22 January without a reduction for the furlough period?
    Have you been paid for holiday accrued but not taken?  Did you take more holiday than you would have accrued to 22 January?
    Did you originally agree to being furloughed but then decided you weren't happy with it?
    What did they do regarding the car allowance?
  • Hi, thanks for the replies. I'll dig out my payslip from last month and the latest one I've just received and add some figures. Thanks for your help, much appreciated 
  • Okay...Figures from previous payslip (Tax period 9) processed 31/12/20. This was a 'normal' month, no furlough. My tax code is 1112L M1
    Basic monthly salary  £3958.33
    Car allowance £500
    total Gross pay £4458.33
    Deductions
    PAYE tax  £787
    N.I.  £410.82
    Pension £190
    Net pay £3070.51

Last payslip before I left the company (Tax period 10) processed 31/01/21. This was the month I was furloughed for 7 working days. I guess the holiday pay is what holiday I was owed?
    Basic monthly salary  £1644.21
    Car allowance £288.37
    Furlough £1152.26
    Holiday pay £639.42
    total Gross pay £3724.26
    Deductions
    PAYE tax  £559.20
    N.I.  £352.08
    Pension £164.92
    Net pay £2648.06

Thanks again for your help

Meet your Ambassadors