Light at the end of the tunnel.....

I just wanted to share my experiences and give faith to all of you who are going through BR. I went BR in 2017 was discharged in 2018. From the end of 2017 to the end of 2020 I paid (a lot) into an IPA.  Nothing of what has happened to me has been unfair or unreasonable.  I am now out of the IPA chains and rebuilding my financial life. 
During the IPA terms, I made a significant effort to build up a rapport with the IPA team that was allocated to me, I spoke to them on the phone (as well as documenting everything using email) and explained every financial twist and turn over the 3 years. Yes, if you are paying into an IPA the job is for them to get as much money back as possible, however, it is not their job to financially make your life un-bearable.  I had many variations in payment amounts over the term (increases and decreases) and being honest & open with them has, without doubt, made things far less financially stressful.  Stay positive, build those bridges and the sun will shine again at the end of your journey.  

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure