New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Portfolio changes

15 replies 532 views
 Hi 
        Just had my porfolio review with my ifa which has resulted him in recommending a number of changes  now proposing , 
14.29 brewin dolphin mps income 
14.29 fei hybrid standard life risk level 2 medium term
14.29 hsbc global asset mgt conservative portfolio c acc
14.29 lion trust fund passive moderate s acc
14.28lion trust fund sustainable future defensive managed 2 Inc
14.28 rlum (cis) Ltd sustainable managed growth trust c acc
14.28 vanguard investments life strategy 40% equity a acc
The sipp is sitting at 470 000,       any views on how it looks appreciated 
        Thanks 

Replies

• BritishInvestorBritishInvestor Forumite
    543 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    johnnyren said:
     Hi 
            Just had my porfolio review with my ifa which has resulted him in recommending a number of changes  now proposing , 
            Thanks 
    It looks like a postman service where your postie delivers various reports and attempts to show value by shuffling funds. Did you manage to stay awake?
  • johnnyrenjohnnyren Forumite
    82 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    johnnyren said:
     Hi 
            Thanks 
    It looks like a postman service where your postie delivers various reports and attempts to show value by shuffling funds. Did you manage to stay awake?
    Long enough for him to say it will do ok,     you don't agree ?
  • edited 13 January at 8:33PM
    MordkoMordko Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    edited 13 January at 8:33PM
    Did he explain his logic? What are the allocations to assets, regions and industries within this portfolio? Why is it suitable for you? How did he pick these particular funds? What are the costs? Why an income fund? Why so much fixed income? Are you retired? 

This will be your family’s future financial success (or not). Not your adviser’s.  You need to understand and agree with his advice before proceeding.  Hopefully he said more than “it will do ok”. 
    82 posts
    I'm 56 hoping to retire at 60 ,   the previous portfolio was mainly invested in pru fund growth series a ,     he wasn't happy with it performance ,  ( neither was I ).    and recommended the changes     I am as you can probably gather at around level 4 out of ten in the risk category ,    
  • StargunnerStargunner Forumite
    97 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    How did it perform over the last few years
    82 posts
    I transferred on June 17 ,   he took 8000 for the permissions and I've withdrawn 8000,    I'm sitting with just under 458 000 at present ,      so not very well 
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    104.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a duplicate thread. i have answered on the other but wont on this one.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • edited 13 January at 9:40PM
    StargunnerStargunner Forumite
    97 posts
    edited 13 January at 9:40PM
    johnnyren said:
    I transferred on June 17 ,   he took 8000 for the permissions and I've withdrawn 8000,    I'm sitting with just under 458 000 at present ,      so not very well 
    I noticed on your other thread that you started off with £466,000 in June 2017. Your IFA took £8000 and you have withdrawn £8000 so that leaves £450,000. So in 3.5 years you have made around £8000 which is around 0.5% a year. Surely that can’t be right otherwise you could have saved yourself the £8000 fee to your IFA and earned £1000’s more by putting it in a savings account.
  • edited 13 January at 9:51PM
    johnnyrenjohnnyren Forumite
    82 posts
    edited 13 January at 9:51PM
    johnnyren said:
    I noticed on your other thread that you started off with £466,000 in June 2017. Your IFA took £8000 and you have withdrawn £8000 so that leaves £450,000. So in 3.5 years you have made around £8000 which is around 0.5% a year. Surely that can’t be right otherwise you could have saved yourself the £8000 fee to your IFA and earned £1000’s more by putting in a savings account.
    I'm afraid it is ,   I must have lost 30 000 in the pandemic 

• StargunnerStargunner Forumite
    97 posts
    Most stock markets have recovered and are now higher than they were before the pandemic started. Even passive global funds are higher than they were before the crash in February. I can’t believe that you are still trusting your IFA with your pension pot.