MSE Poll: How much data do you use on your mobile?

2»

Comments

• Reminds of the mobile phone salesman story

Yes sir your current plan is 20GB Data/Unlimited calls/Texts for £20 a month......but as a special deal i can offer you 40GB Data/Unlimited calls/Texts for £30 a month.
    He thinks wow double the data for only an extra £10......but then checks his data usage for last year and sees he was only using 4GB a month
  • oxroxx
    oxroxx Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Got to love those voting "Don't Know".
    I set a data warning (2.5gb)on my phone and I never go over it.
  • Everywhere has wifi.
    If I'm not somewhere that does then it means I'm either driving or enjoying myself with phone in pocket (in better times)
    So at the moment my usage is probably under 100mb

Would quite like a plan with multiple sim cards attached to it, each sharing the calls/data package. For a fixed fee, not a per sim fee.
  • I'm more than happy with the deal my husband both have with SKY mobile. Both on Sim only plan of 8GB each for £6.40 each. Especially where i have been working from home, i'm using wifi so between us we have 62 GB of Rollover data banked
  • I have 1Gb data and I only need it when I'm away from home and can't get onto a wifi so I rarely use any of it, but when I do it's a majority of the allowance. With non-existant signals at home from any network, I rely on the SureSignal connected to my home internet so can't use mobile data as a replacement for that!
  • jbrassy
    jbrassy Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Everywhere has wifi. 

Although lots of places have wi-fi these days, I'm slightly reluctant to use them due to the risks associated with public wi-fi hotspots:
    https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-privacy-risks-of-public-wi-fi.html

As long as I have decent phone signal, I will always use 4G instead of a public wi-fi hotspot. If you regularly use public wi-fi hotspots, it's probably worth investing in a VPN to protect yourself.  
  • I have an unlimited unrestricted speed minutes/text/data plan. 
    Over the past 8 months my usage for lowest month was around 98 gb, the highest was around 145gb.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback