Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Question about BUPA dental cover

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Question about BUPA dental cover

1 reply 90 views
Socket2meSocket2me Forumite
1 posts
Third Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi there - hope this is the correct place for this question.

I've just registered as a new patient with a local BUPA-run dental practice and arranged an emergency appointment for this coming weekend (very painful cavity!). However, I have a doubt as to whether my Level 4 BUPA dental plan will cover all the costs I'm going to encounter.

My plan covers fillings (up to £350.00) however the practice has a price list showing a "New patient emergency appointment" cost of £69.00.  Will that also be covered (my plan shows up to £1,000.00 for emergency dental treatment) or is it a separate standalone cost which I have to pay on the day.

Apologies if this is a stupid question. Very apprehensive about all things dental.

Thank you!

Replies

• ToothsmithToothsmith Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any experience of BUPA dental cover, but would be surprised if your initial appointment wasn't covered at least 
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.