Halifax Mortgage Dec 2020 timeline

Hello all, 
I submitted my full application with Halifax on 11th December for 85% ltv.
Valuation has passed at the purchase price. I'm mainly self-employed and application is still with underwriters. 
Anyone else in a similar situation? Halifax advisor estimates it'll take 1 to 2 weeks for underwriters to make a decision. What are your timelines? 

Comments

917700 Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    My application was submitted on 16th Dec
    Broker told me the mortgage is approved subject to valuation on 17th Dec
    Valuation was done on 18th Dec
    My broker doesn't work on Monday. Hopefully, I can hear good news tomorrow
  • Hello all, 
    Valuation has passed at the purchase price. I'm mainly self-employed and application is still with underwriters. 
    Anyone else in a similar situation? Halifax advisor estimates it'll take 1 to 2 weeks for underwriters to make a decision. What are your timelines? 
    Hi, 
    Were not self employed, but any information may be helpful :)
     - We submitted full application on the 3rd Dec
    - Valuation done on the 7th.
    - Gave solicitors details on the 9th. 
    - We hadn't heard anything on the 17th so sent Halifax an email to check all documents had uploaded successfully etc.
    - They replied on the 18th saying the offer had been accepted and that they were sending the paperwork again.
    - We received the paper mortgage offer today and it was dated the 10th December! 
    Hope this helps, good luck! 

• Hello all, 
    Hi, 
    Were not self employed, but any information may be helpful :)
     - We submitted full application on the 3rd Dec
    - Valuation done on the 7th.
    - Gave solicitors details on the 9th. 
    - We hadn't heard anything on the 17th so sent Halifax an email to check all documents had uploaded successfully etc.
    - They replied on the 18th saying the offer had been accepted and that they were sending the paperwork again.
    - We received the paper mortgage offer today and it was dated the 10th December! 
    Hope this helps, good luck! 

Wow, congratulations! So it took within 2 weeks then for you to get the offer. Good to know! Thank you. 
  • 917700 said:
    My application was submitted on 16th Dec
    Broker told me the mortgage is approved subject to valuation on 17th Dec
    Valuation was done on 18th Dec
    My broker doesn't work on Monday. Hopefully, I can hear good news tomorrow
    Oh that's super quick! All the best for tomorrow! 
  • Hello all, 
    I submitted via a Mortgage Advisor on 24/11. 
    Valuation completed on the 1/12
    Then lost time because Halifax were waiting for paperwork regarding the house nobody was chasing, once I found out I got it to them within a day. 
    They got that on 11/12. Heard nothing since keep chasing the MA but get the response its still in the delays to be reviewed by underwriters apparently large delays currently and they had a system issue last week. Could be made up but that is what I am being told. 
  • @FTBRen22, are you using a Halifax broker or an independent one? I'm going direct through halifax, so using their own broker too, but he hasn't yet told me about there being delays. 
    And thanks for giving me a heads-up to keep chasing MA. How often are you asking MA for an update? 
  • @FTBRen22, are you using a Halifax broker or an independent one? I'm going direct through halifax, so using their own broker too, but he hasn't yet told me about there being delays. 
    And thanks for giving me a heads-up to keep chasing MA. How often are you asking MA for an update? 
    I am using an independent MA that was highly recommended, being a FTB I can't compare the service received to anyone others but I have perceived to be fairly poor so far. If I don't chase them I don't get an update... I had give them over a week but try to touch base every 3-4 days simply because it was coming up to Christmas and I was hoping to have a decision this side of Christmas! I am expecting a update by end of business today so will let you know if I get one!  
  • Received mortgage offer today!!! Over the moon! Good luck to all of you who are waiting too! 
  • I was hoping someone could shed some light on my situation. 

So halifax agreed on their system we were okay to get a mortgage, went to the underwriters and we had a valuation booked in last Friday. 

I was wondering how long from the valuation which was on Fridays 16th July, until we get the mortgage offer.

Our MA said that they wouldn't do the valuation unless they was going to lend us the amount. 

Thanks in advance 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure